Tough sales issues, and not so tough (but not so easy) answers.
By Jeffrey Gitomer
Thee 3.5 biggest issues facing salespeople today are:
1. Price integrity.
2. Customer loyalty.
3. Fighting hungry competition.
3.5 Quality, attitude, and belief of the salesperson.
These issues manifest themselves in BOTH lost sales that you could have won and lost profits that you could have earned.
• What are you doing to fight price pressures?
• What is your sales team doing this year to dominate the market and the competition?
• What is the perceived difference between you and the competition?
• What are you doing to create real value for customers and prospects in your sales presentation?
• What are you doing to build more value-driven, loyal relationships?
And the age-old question:
• Where’s the beef? (AKA: Where’s the proof YOU are the best buy?)
The key success answers lie in:
7.5 Google in and Google out. You (and everyone on your team) should Google the customer and their company to do research before the meeting. HINT: The customer is Googling you as well. Ask yourself: How is my online presence and reputation affecting sales?
MAJOR CLUE: It’s not just one or a few of these answers, it’s ALL of them.
MAJOR CLUE: These answers don’t just happen. You make a plan to make them happen, and then execute the plan.
MAJOR CLUE: The quality of salespeople and willingness of management to help and support are more than half of the answers.
To gain a better understanding of what CAN be done, here are the sales psychologies behind the strategies and answers:
• The first sale that’s made is the salesperson. If you don’t sell yourself, your product or service has NO chance.
• The attitude and belief of the salesperson directly affect the customer’s decision to buy.
• People don’t like to be sold, but they love to buy. Stop selling. Start finding motives to buy.
• All things being equal, people want to do business with their friends. All things being not quite so equal, people still want to do business with their friends.
• People buy for their reasons, not yours. Find out their reasons first, and get them to buy based on that.
• The old way of selling doesn’t work any more.
Got issues? Or got answers?
The difference is your sales success and your profit.
© 2014 All Rights Reserved. Don’t even think about reproducing this documentwithout written permission from Jeffrey H. Gitomer and Buy Gitomer. 704/333-1112